Not sure if you want to try scuba but always wanted to? Try Scuba is offered the first Saturday of each month for those wanting to experience SCUBA prior to enrolling in a class. You’ll find out what it’s like to breathe underwater, the gear you’ll use, and the techniques to master the sport of scuba diving.
- Course fee total of $150, of which $25 is credited towards open water class
- Call for scheduling 775-884-3483
Open Water Class
The Open Water Diver certification is the first course in becoming a competent and proficient diver.
The course is divided into three components, knowledge development, confined water training and open water dives.
Knowledge development comprises of self-study through e-learning.
Confined water training is conducted over two days at Carson Valley Swim Center.
The Open water dives are conducted over two days in Lake Tahoe.
You also have the option of completing your open water dives at a warm water destination or on one of our trips.
- $525 includes certification card, student materials and gear rental.
Students need to purchase personal gear: Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots and Gloves.
Prior to the start of your course, please come to the shop for a professional fitting.
- Private flexible schedule: $695
- Open Water referring to warm water destination: Classroom and pool: $325
Scuba Skills Update
Offered monthly for those that haven’t dived for several months to a few years. Classroom will be conducted at Carson Valley Swim Center. The Scuba Review includes reviewing the required skill sets in the pool with no open water dives.
- Recommendation: Depending how long someone has not dived, and the experience after initial certification, we may recommend retaking the complete open water course.
Advanced Adventure Diver
The SSI Advanced Adventure Diver class is the next step in continuing your education. In this course we will re-enforce navigation skills, go beyond Open Water depth limits with a deep dive of between 60 to 100 feet, and conduct three additional elective dives which may include Altitude, Dry Suit, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Nitrox and more.
Completing this course shortly after your open water course will provide the repetition of dive skills necessary for long term retention, developing confidence and competency.
- Five dives in two days. Gear rental $45/day, Dry Suit rental $45/day.
- Self study required.
- E-learning or textbooks are not included.
Diver Stress and Rescue
This certification is the first step towards leadership. Here we develop a diver’s situational awareness. Situations such as when not to dive, recognizing diver anxiety, gear problems and many other scenarios are explored. This course will develop confidence and self sufficiency to become a proficient and safe diver, plus, it is a lot of fun!
- It is recommended that divers own their own equipment. Gear can be rented as needed.
- There is self study and knowledge development with your indtructor, scenario practice and rescue scenarios. Three days minimum with classroom, and two days open water exercises.
- Prerequisite for this certification is Adventure Diver (with navigation dive) and CPR/First Aid card or Emergency First Responder.
In the SSI Emergency First Responder course you will learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment. You will learn Primary Care, First Aid, Care for Children, and CPR & AED.
- Course materials not incuded
- EFR Refresher: $75
- Rescue/EFR combined: $475
There is plenty to learn in scuba diving. SSI offers a multitude of courses. The most popular include: Enriched Air, Search and Recovery, Deep, Dry Suit, Altitude, Photography, Boat, Night, Self Reliant Diver, Wreck, and Equipment Specialist.
Two dives, one day open water, Specialty Courses: $150.00 plus manual
Three to four dives, Specialty Courses: $250.00 plus manual
Options: Call to Schedule Options or visit the shop
- Enriched Air/Nitrox
- Altitude Diver
- Dry Suit
- Underwater Navigator
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Wreck Diver
- Deep Diver
- Search and Recovery
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Project AWARE
This is the first professional rating and the beginning of a new career in a very addicting sport. The program is one of internship where divemaster candidates will assist with several classes, working with different instructors and learn what is involved with the teaching process.
- Divers need to own equipment
- Materials not included.